Hey Scholarship Applicants,
The application and endorsement forms for the 2019-2020 academic year are below. Just a little bit about us:
- We support WMU, missions, ministries, and, of course, YOU!
- We give scholarships because missionary families are on the field fulfilling the Great Commission (or you are preparing to go yourself and fulfill the Great Commission), and that's something we're pretty excited about.
Application & Endorsement
Please take a moment to read the checklist for applicants below. We cannot accept incomplete applications or applications sent after the February 1 deadline. You will want to follow the guidelines for endorsements - especially regarding a WMU endorsement.
The WMU Foundation assists Baptist students, including the children of Baptist missionaries, and those preparing for Baptist missions service. Individuals with no Baptist connection cannot be considered for a scholarship.
Checklist for applicants
- You must complete and submit the application online by February 1st.
You must ask two references to submit an online endorsement form by February 1st:
The first endorsement should be completed by a WMU leader such as a WMU director, state or associational WMU leader, church WMU leader, or other WMU connection. Please make every effort to secure a WMU endorsement - this is important because we are the WMU Foundation and WMU endorsements matter to us. We understand this might be challenging in some cases because of where your family serves. We will take extenuating circumstances into consideration. If you have no WMU endorsement, please explain in your application why you do not have one.
A second endorsement should be completed by an academic source such as a recent teacher or professor.
- Your application is considered incomplete until your references have submitted the endorsement form. Applications that are incomplete as of February 1st cannot be considered for a scholarship. Be sure to follow up with your references and ensure they complete the endorsement form by February 1st.
- You do not need to tell us which scholarship you are applying for. We will review your application and place it in every scholarship category for which you qualify.
- Scholarship recipients are selected in April and June of 2019. We notify those who receive scholarships and those who do not immediately after the decisions are made.
Phone: (205) 408-5525
Mail: WMU Foundation, 100 Missionary Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242